NEWS! Our newest Maker Club started up in Cambridge at PlayFit Kids Club in 2017. Building on the experience and strengths of the Kitchener club at THEMUSEUM we’ve decided to expand the availability to a wider audience and a new city. You can find the details below or sign up for our newsletter to keep informed.
In general, the goal of MakerClub is to explore creativity using tools that children often do not get to play with. We use saws, glue guns, hammers and soldering irons to make something interesting each month. In the process, we teach our kids how to work with these tools safely and respectfully. Parents are required to stay, learn, and participate in the program so that they can foster inventiveness and makerly explorations at home between meetings. We require at least one adult per two children for new maker club members. As the month’s pass and skills grow we can discuss relaxing this ratio on an individual basis.
Upcoming Maker Club meetings in Cambridge:
- Thursday, February 9th – 6:30-8pm – Toy Hacking
- Thursday, March 9th – 6:30-8pm – LED Artwork
- Thursday, April 13th – 6:30-8pm – Make your own TShirt
- Thursday, May 11th – 6:30-8pm – LED Slingshot Helicopters (bring outdoor clothes)
- Thursday, June 8th – 6:30-8pm – Foam Air Rockets
- Thursday, July 13th – 6:30-8pm – Portable River Experiments
- Thursday, August 10th – 6:30-8pm – Marshmallow Mayhem
- Thursday, September 21st* – 6:30-8pm – 3D Printing and Modelling (bring your own Laptop)
- October, November and December topics to be selected by regular participants.
The cost for this program is $20/child per evening. Parents are free. Indoor Playground time is available and included in this price starting at 5pm (bring a second adult and siblings in the playground are $5+tax all night). A quarterly Maker Club Cambridge membership is available for $50 for three (3) consecutive months if paid before your first month.
There is a limit of 20 children per class, so please be sure to book in advance.